A Distributed Control System (DCS) is a control system for processes within a large-scale, automated application. A hierarchy of controllers is connected to a communications network which allows for command and monitoring. Simply put, the DCS runs the show. Some common areas you’d find a DCS include petrochemical companies, water management, nuclear power plants and other large-scale technical operations.
Because the DCS is so powerful, it’s also large, complicated and expensive. For that reason, when there’s a problem with any component of a DCS, replacement is rarely the first option. Instead, DCS problems require repairs.
At Haygor, we provide DCS repair solutions. No matter how complicated the issue, we’ll have you up and running soon. We repair to component level:
- Field Termination Assembly (FTA) modules
- Input/Output Processor modules (used in Honeywell’s TDC3000 Process Manager and Advanced Process Manager Systems)
- Any other aspect of the DCS System
The most common manufacturer of DCS systems is Honeywell. While we’re experts in the service and repair of Honeywell DCS, we can also repair most other major brands as well. Our technicians have over 50 years of combined experience with industrial repair in the petrochemical industry.
How to Keep Your DCS Running Smoothly
Distributed Control Systems will need a variety of service and support throughout their life cycle. After all, an ounce of prevention is better than a complete system shutdown. DCS services we provide include the following:
- Regular maintenance
- Updated regulatory compliance
- Technology upgrades
- Additional product support
Damaged components on systems located within the Houston area can be handled on-site by our team. We understand how important it is to get a DCS up and running as fast as possible. Most repairs are able to be started within 24 hours.
Additional repair issues can be further broken down into the two general categories of Hardware and Software. Here are just some of the ways we can help:
- We can help supply your inventory with spare parts for smaller on-site, in-house maintenance issues.
- We can help you source hard-to-find parts.
- We can help upgrade your entire DRS system to run effectively and efficiently.
- We can help manage a variety of support systems include Experion, TPS, TDC 3000, TDC 200 and Data Hiway systems.
Since 1981, Haygor Instrument & Company, Inc. has been serving the needs of the petrochemical industry throughout the Houston area and around the world. Not only are we experts in the technology associated with the industry, we’re also extremely dedicated to you, the customer. We promise to repair your equipment as quickly and cost-effectively as possible – while keeping you informed every step of the way. If you need Distributed Control System repairs, contact us today.